Saturday, March 17, 2007

stranger than fiction- must see

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Will Farrell, you totally made me fall in love with this character Harold Crick.

Watch the movie if you haven't already, and see if you agree... lovely. Of course, pretty near anything that Emma Thompson decides to be in will be wonderful, and this was no exception.

Ah, the quiet, methodical, boring life of an IRS Auditor... interrupted by a voice narrating his life, meets a bohemian baker- played by Maggie Gyllenhaal- with tattoos and a smart mouth. I adored it.

My favorite scene was when Harold goes up to the bohemian baker's apartment; he is both charmingly awkward and shy, and when he notices her guitar, she asks him to play for her. He says he knows one song, but cannot play, and she smiles and goes back to finishing up dishes...and then she hears him.

He sits on her couch, strums the guitar, and with his eyes shut softly croons, "Whole Wide World" by the Monkees. Softly, slowly, and achingly sweetly he plays and sings.

She walks in, takes his face in her hands, kisses him, and then straddles him on the couch....of course he is too shy to even move the damn guitar and then the song goes into a crescendo of the song done by Wreckless Eric... love it, love it, love it!!! I had to find the song, and I did, on myspace.... hopefully it'll stay up a while... click on this: Whole Wide World

I've been singing that song all week since I saw the movie.

Back to the movie... I did truly love it. No spoilers here, but there is a touching scene where Will Farrell cries and I think it was one of the best most honest side of him I have ever seen.

and heck, anyone that can make me remotely attracted to an IRS Auditor deserves 5 stars.

Viva La Quiet Man!

No comments: